Control and protection of AV and IT equipment with switchable AC/DC PDU
The new Power Distribution Unit (PDU) from GUDE allows control, energy measurement and monitoring of up to 21 connected devices with AC and DC voltage.
With Expert Power Control 8291-1 GUDE Systems GmbH presents a power distribution system that is used in professional installations with direct current (DC) voltage requirements. The switchable LAN socket allows the connection of up to 21 AV and IT devices. Four different voltages can be operated: 17 switchable load outlets with DC voltages of 24 V, 12 V and 5 V and 4 switchable load outlets of 230 V (AC.) Due to the different connections on the back of the device (IEC C13, terminal clamp and USB type A) and the different supply voltages, a large number of AV and IT devices can be connected. The integrated industrial power supply makes the often unreliable plug-in power supplies of the end devices superfluous. Thanks to its compact design in a stable metal housing, the PDU occupies only one height unit in 19-inch cabinets.
Once in operation, IT users benefit from the following advantages with the AC/DC power distributor. Please click the title for more information:
Power-cycling (reboot) of connected devices helps applications to get back on their feet when they have hung up: Either automatically via watchdog monitoring or by remote access via the integrated web application. In addition, power and residual current monitoring prevents critical system states in the installation.
Short-circuit fuses per output (eFuse) prevent damage to other loads. In addition, an integrated type 3 surge protection ensures greater operational safety.
The integrated energy meters offer precise measurement of power consumption and enable the exploitation of energy saving potentials.
The IP power distributor occupies only 1 height unit in the rack and allows the direct connection of many IT and AV devices thanks to the integrated power supply unit. The space-consuming plug-in power supply units of the individual end devices can be dispensed.
Monitoring of temperature, humidity and air pressure in the installation environment through additional cable sensors. This allows critical conditions to be avoided in advance through preventive measures.
Features at a glance
- 21 load outlets individually switchable on the device or remotely via HTTPS and SNMP
- Remote monitoring and switching of connected devices: event-based switching, remote start, programmable on/off sequences, automatic switch-on delay to limit switch-on currents
- Load outputs can be switched when preset sensor limit values are exceeded
- 17 switchable current outputs with DC voltages of 24 V, 12 V and 5 V (max. 4 A) and 4 switchable current outputs of 230 V AC (max. 10 A)
- Measurement of current, voltage, phase angle, power factor, frequency, active, apparent and reactive power
- Residual current monitoring (RCM type A)
- Fail-safe power supply unit integrated (max. 300 W)
- Increased protection through integrated over-voltage protection and eFuse per load outlet
- Location-independent access via web interface
- Easy-to-read LED display for displaying total current, IP address, sensor values and error messages
- Environmental monitoring thanks to optionally available sensors (temperature, humidity, air pressure)
- Generation of alarms and messages (e-mail, syslog and SNMP traps)
- Support of IPv6, SNMPv3, SSL, Telnet, Radius and Modbus TCP
- Easy integration into AV control systems
- Low consumption
- Developed and produced in Germany
Application areas: AV installations, media and IT racks, corporate networks
Mounting: 19 inch network cabinets, 1 RU
Dimensions LxHxD: 43.9 x 4.4 x 24.1 cm (without brackets)
Available accessories: External sensors (temperature, humidity, air pressure), IEC extension cable, cable holder, desk/wall mount