Data communication networks in industrial environments are subject to extreme temperatures, vibrations, electromagnetic interference (EMI) and other potentially disturbing noises. The Industrial Network Engineer has to layer that with the additional challenge of connecting distributed switches and equipment located throughout an industrial plant floor to ensure data does not to become corrupted during transmission.
SR Industrial DIN Rail Media Converters
John Feeney, COO at Perle Systems comments, “Because most industrial networks are a hybrid of copper and fiber cabling, these obstacles can be overcome with the inclusion of Copper to Fiber Media Converters. Perle’s new SR Media Converters have features specifically designed to meet the unique needs found in these environments”
- The compact chassis easily mounts on a DIN rail or inside distribution boxes.
- Triple redundant power input can be supplied using two redundant terminal blocks or through the optional TBUS DIN Rail Bus connector system that transmits voltage across the bus.
- With operating temperature support of -40C to +75C, these media converters are ideal for use with industrial devices subjected to harsh environments and severe temperatures such as security cameras, wireless access points, alarms, traffic controllers, sensors and tracking devices.
- All Perle Media Converters have an on-board microcontroller which deals with error detection and recovery by continuously monitoring the status of the links connected to its transceiver ports.
Perle SR Industrial Media Converters include 98 models compatible with 10/100/1000Base-T Ethernet and SFP, dual fiber ST/SC or single fiber SC/ST connectors. Link to Perle product pages: SR Media Converters
SRS Industrial Media Converters for Electric Utility Substations & HazLoc Environments
The network equipment used in electric utility substations, and environments classified as HazLoc, are subject to tight regulations, numerous certifications and approvals. When it comes to integrating the copper and fiber cabling found in these highly distributed networks, a properly designed and certified Industrial Media Converter is required. To meet this need, the new Perle SRS Industrial Media Converters include:
- IEC 61850-3 and IEEE 1613 electric utility substation certification
- Numerous hazardous industrial location (HazLoc) certifications, including ATEX Class 1 Zone 2 and ANSI/ISA 12.12.01 Class 1 Division 2
- DIN Rail enclosure with Triple Power Input
- Operating temperature support of -40C to +75C
- An on-board microcontroller which deals with error detection and recovery by continuously monitoring the status of the links connected to its transceiver ports.
Perle SRS Industrial Media Converters include 15 models compatible with 10/100/1000Base-T Ethernet and SFP, dual fiber ST/SC or single fiber SC/ST connectors. Link to Perle product pages: SRS Media Converters
Kerron mielelläni lisätietoja, joten ota yhteyttä!