When you need to extend Ethernet services beyond the general IEEE 802.3 limits of 100m, and new fiber cabling is cost prohibitive, the eR-S1110 Ethernet Repeater is the perfect solution. Transparently extend 10/100/1000 Ethernet connections across twisted pair ( CAT5/6/7 ) to extend your network reach an additional 100m.
This simple and effective point to point Ethernet Repeater and Rate Converter is perfect for commercial buildings, residential units, hospitality environments or for connecting a remote office or private-network backbone to a corporate LAN. Use it anywhere you need Ethernet communication links between separated LANs or LAN devices (i.e. PCs, digital sensors, VoIP phones, WiFi APs, IP cameras and more).
”There is a growing demand to extend Ethernet services beyond the specified limit of 100 meters”, comments John Feeney, COO at Perle Systems. “Quite often, an additional 100 meters is more than enough. In these cases, installing fiber is costly and generally overkill. A simple Repeater is all that is needed in many commercial buildings, residential units and hospitality environments. However, many Repeaters on the market lack the functionality required to ensure that data packets are not dropped.”
The eR-S1110 Repeater can also operate as a Powered Device (PD) under IEEE 802.3af supporting end-span and mid-span power sources (PSE). This makes it ideal for organizations that need to deploy equipment in locations that are difficult or too costly to have separate AC power installed such as ceilings, walls and kiosks.
Perle’s advanced features such as Link Pass-Through, Interlink Fault Feedback, and Loopback allow network administrators to “see everything” for more efficient troubleshooting and less on-site maintenance. These cost and time saving features, along with a lifetime warranty and free worldwide technical support, make Perle Ethernet Repeaters the smart choice for IT professionals.
- Extend network distances an additional 100m / 328ft over 4-wire twisted pair
- Rate conversion between 10/100/1000 Mbps network links
- Transparent operation for all Ethernet protocols including 802.1Q VLAN packets and IP video compression schemes
- Advanced features: Link Pass-Through, Interlink Fault Feedback, Plug and Play, Auto-MDIX and Loopback
- Operates as a Powered Device (PD) under IEEE 802.3af so it can be used with a PoE Injector or Switch to eliminate the need to install AC power wiring