Lighthouse 5 centralizes out-of-band management for IT infrastructure and provides an unparalleled level of resilient access and visibility even during critical failures.
- Central network hub and management portal for Opengear Smart OOB™ devices for resilient management
- Scalable administration and automation – from Day One provisioning to routine operations and disaster recovery
- Seamless, always-available connectivity, regardless of remote WAN or LAN health or status
- Centralized, secure, end-to-end out-of-band management
- Access managed devices by name regardless how they are connected
- Purpose-built to “just give me a console” during 3 a.m. network meltdowns!
- Tunnel through firewalls, carrier NAT and failover via Lighthouse VPN
The easy-to-use interface that enables users to quickly enroll and segment the nodes on their network regardless of size. Simple role-based permissions and node association ensures the right access levels to all users.
Lighthouse simplifies user management by enabling administrators to quickly add new users and correctly manage permissions.
- Easy to maintain users and permissions
- Manage users centrally via Lighthouse or your AAA server
- Powerful Smart Groups automatically grant users access to matching nodes
- Automatically and dynamically manage permissions
Simple and scalable node management without the complexity.
- Simplify management with the ability to free text search
- Filter group nodes by metadata tags, status and/or configuration
- Matching nodes and associated permissions are automatically and dynamically updated
- Automatically deploy new nodes into Smart Groups with enrollment bundles
Search, sort and segment nodes with user-defined tags.
- Create custom hierarchies including geographical region or operational group
- Quickly sort and search through hundreds of thousands of nodes in enterprise and cloud-scale deployments
- Flexibility with customizable tags for each node
- Easy to use GUI enables you to quickly create and automatically associated tags during node provisioning
In a few steps, you can quickly and securely enroll nodes (Opengear, Avocent, and Cisco) into Lighthouse. Node enrollment can be done via ZTP, USB file, File Server, CLI, node user interface or directly in the Lighthouse interface. Enrollment bundles enable administrators to quickly add devices into Lighthouse with the appropriate tags to segment your network.
Simplify connectivity with all sessions automatically encrypted with strong OpenVPN based security. Nodes establish resilient Lighthouse VPN tunnels back to Lighthouse via your management network or out-of-band cellular, securing all communications.
Zero Touch Deployment:
Combining Opengear’s Lighthouse Enrollment bundles and Zero Touch Provisioning provides administrators the tools to automate the configuration and enrollment process. This process is scalable to suit you businesses node count no matter the size.
- Eliminate hours of manual operations
- Reduce deployment costs
- Reduce human errors, guarantee repeatability
- Equip your management network to scale
The NetOps Automation Platform
The NetOps Automation™ platform is managed through Lighthouse, featuring NetOps Modules to manage advanced functions remotely, such as secure provisioning and event management.
These containerized modules can be applied to various NetOps workflows, and the platform utilizes standard DevOps tools such as Ansible, Docker and Git to allow rapid development of modules as new challenges appear.
The open architecture allows enterprises to sequence actions, manage configuration files and run custom applications to solve specific network challenges. Third-party NetOps modules will also be available through the platform.
- Orchestration Capabilities – Automate NetOps workflows with improved scalability, security and reliability
- Container Applications – Manage distributed applications running at the edge or core of the network without the need of additional hardware
- File Repository – Distribute and centrally manage firmware, configuration and script files from remote locations
Integrated RESTful API
Lighthouse and all Opengear devices (firmware 4.1 or later) integrate a RESTful API engine. RESTful API enables network administrators to leverage Opengear’s unparalleled connectivity to program and automate their management network through a stable and efficient interface.
Easy to use:
- Standardized protocol
- Well documented and open RESTful API
- Increased automation
- Scalable extensibility – eliminate ad-hoc scripting
- Efficient and fast bi-directional communication
- Uniform interface
- Query status in convenient JSON format
- High performing with minimal bandwidth